Child Sexual Exploitation Sub Group
The West Berkshire LSCB Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Strategic Sub group is responsible for co-ordinating and ensuring that arrangements are in place to prevent young people from being at risk of CSE, and to ensure robust arrangements are in place to respond if they are, or are at risk of being, exploited. Given the strong links between CSE and children missing from home and care the group will also incorporate strategic development in relation to missing children, aligning with the CSE Operational Group which incorporates oversight of missing children.
The group will implement recommendations as set by the Department for Education (DfE) in the Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation Action Plan (November 2011) setting out requirements for LSCBs. This includes a requirement to “develop an effective local strategy ensuing there is a co-ordinated multi-agency response to child sexual exploitation based on a robust, thorough risk assessment of the extent and nature of child sexual exploitation locally”.
The group will consider trends and develop multi-agency strategies and practices to minimise and reduce risk and exposure to CSE.
The core functions’ of the WB LSCB CSE Strategic Sub group is:
- An effective local strategy and action plan to ensure a co-ordinated multi-agency response which will safeguard and promote the welfare of children who are potentially more vulnerable or at risk of exploitation
- Increased understanding of CSE by young people, parents or carers, and professionals
- Clear communication lines with the CSE operational group
- Clear pathways for referrals to services which will respond and work with identified young people, including shared links with neighbouring authorities
- Good practice in terms of robust and effective interventions across all relevant agencies
- Ways to ensure that learning from Serious Case Reviews, national reports and guidance is effectively disseminated
The CSE Strategic Sub group is chaired by the Head of Children and Family Service
- Named Nurse Safeguarding (representing Designated Nurse Safeguarding, Berkshire West CCGs)
- Named Nurse, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Thames Valley Police
- Health and Wellbeing Schools Coordinator
- The Edge
- Youth Offending and Youth Support Service Manager
- Community Safety Partnership
- Children’s Services
- Education and Early Years
- West Berkshire Public Health
- A2 Dominion Voluntary
Download: CSE Strategy